These little bites are perfect for any occasion. They are so fudgy and delicious with crunchy nuts, creamy frosting, and snappy chocolate drizzle!
I made them to celebrate autumn and all the celebrations are better done with chocolate. I couldn’t think about more autumnal veggie than pumpkin as well. And honestly, all the flavors go so well together, using pumpkin puree only contributes to fudginess and not overpowering the taste. I love to make them really special and add a frosting on top. You can skip it and they will taste amazing only with a dust of cacao but I think it really worth it putting extra ten minutes of work and getting wow looking raw dessert that is good for you!
- 200 grams soft dates
- 150 grams mashed pumpkin
- 50 grams cacao powder
- 30 grams coconut oil
- 80 grams chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
For the ganache
- 50 grams dates
- 50 grams cooked pumpkin
- 30 grams cacao powder
- 30 grams melted coconut oil
- 100 grams almond or hazelnuts milk
- Pinch of salt
- Make sure that everything is at the room temperature and coconut oil is melted before starting.
- Put everything in the food processor and blend till completely smooth.
- Transfer to your container lined with a baking parchment, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and refrigerate overnight or pop in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from the tin by pulling the edges of baking parchment, dust with cacao if desired or frost with a ganache and cut in the squares. Keep them in the freezer for best results.
- For the ganache
- Everything should be at the room temperature before you start blending. First blend dates and plant-based milk till smooth add the rest of the ingredients and process till everything is evenly incorporated.
- Place in the fridge to set or use straight away!