You can have 99 problems but chocolate can solve at least half of them:) And when it comes in a form and shape of raw vegan brownies… well it is just heaven…
These brownies were so delicious, fudgy and so chocolatey with a thick layer of frosting and a nice crunch from walnuts! They are full of antioxidants that are coming from raw cacao powder and healthy omega boost from walnuts. Gotta love dessert with benefits!
Cacao is abundant in flavanols, which have potent antioxidant effect for healthy skin and shining hair as well it contains magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, and manganese! And because there is no cooking involved that means that none of these precious components has been destroyed and they are here for you in their full potential!
And one of the greatest things about these brownies is that you can make a huge batch and store leftovers in the freezer. Like this, you will always have a healthy dessert on hands. Because it never fully solidifies even when kept in the freezer it only takes about 5 minutes for them to become soft again. But I love eating them straight away as well as they remind me chocolate ice cream bar.
Raw vegan brownies
- 250 grams of dates
- 150 grams of walnuts
- 60 grams of cacao powder
- pinch of salt
For chocolate ganache
- 70 grams of dark chocolate
- 120 grams of canned coconut milk
- Soak dates in hot water for at least 30 minutes but up to 2 hours or in cold water overnight
- When dates are soft drain the water and transfer them to the blender and process till smooth
- Add a pinch of salt, half of the walnuts and cacao powder, and continue blending till everything is incorporated
- Add the rest of the walnuts and pulse a few times
- Spread the base layer evenly on the parchment paper
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate ganache
- Bring coconut milk to the boil and pour over chocolate
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes and stir together
- Pour ganache over the brownie base and add a sprinkle of walnuts if desired
- Let it set in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight