This is the best tofu scramble that I have tried! It is so creamy, delicious, flavourful and makes the best addition to the brunch plate!
I have tried lots of variations and I found that this simple combination works just great. And like always, my favourite part that there is only a handful ingredients needed and about 5 minutes of your time:)
For the best tofu scramble you need to get only one special ingredient that called Kala Namak or black salt which is funnily is a pinkish colour. It just adds that very special eggy flavour and if you order it from amazon it is super cheap! But of course, the dish would be delicious even if you don’t have it as all spices just create the most magical experience and blending half of the tofu just brings this dish to the next level.
To create my perfect brunch plate I always add roasted mushrooms so here I included 15 minutes balsamic portobello mushrooms that taste so good and paired with tofu scramble they make the best brunch ever!
The best tofu scramble
- 250 grams block of tofu
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 clove garlicpinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of kala namak or any salt to taste optional
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 150 grams of soy or cashew milk or water
- 50 grams of soaked cashews optional
For balsamic Mushrooms
- 3-4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to the taste
- pinch of cayenne black pepper
- Crumble half of the tofu block with your hands
- Add it to the pan along with a drizzle of olive oil, season with salt and pepper
- Transfer the rest of the tofu to the blender, following by the rest of the ingredients
- Blend till smooth
- When the crumbled tofu has picked up some colour and became slightly crispy(takes 2-3 minutes) pour the content of the blender to the pan and stir to combine
- Allow to cook on the medium-low heat till you no longer can smell raw garlic(3-5 minutes) and it has thickened up slightly
- You can adjust how creamy you want it to be by adding a splash of milk or if you want it thicker, you can just cook it for longer
- Add mushrooms to the lined tray and drizzle them with balsamic and olive oil and sprinkle them with spices
- Put them under the grill for 15 minutes or till they are looking browned and caramelized.