This is perfect breakfast for the weekend or quick midweek dinner. It comes together in a matter of minutes and packed with so many nutrients. Using turmeric not only gives tofu it distinguished look that resembles scrambled eggs but boost this dish with anti-inflammatory goodness. Herbs add so much flavor and cayenne that kick that just lifts everything.
I like to serve mine on top of wilted greens, but if you are not a fan another fun idea would serve it with baked beans and mushrooms Full English breakfast style. I like to add almond milk to the scramble just to make it creamier but that’s optional, what is not optional creaminess factor is an avocado just sliced like I have here or mashed with lime juice is soooo delicious, so I highly recommend adding this element.
Tofu Scramble with wilted greens
- 100 grams spinach
- 100 grams kale
- 100 grams baby tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams of tofu
- 50 grams plant based milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp sweet paprika flakes
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- In almond oil gently fry the garlic and add baby tomatoes, following by greens. Season with salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne, 1 of tsp paprika and 1 tsp of mixed herbs. Cook just till greens are wilted.
- Transfer them to the separate plate and in the same pan start smashing tofu into bite-size pieces. Add salt, pepper, and turmeric, continue mixing and breaking some bigger pieces of tofu with your wooden spoon and follow with the rest of spices, squeeze the wedge of the lemon over.
- Gradually add your plat based milk till you get a creamier consistency.
- Lastly, sprinkle nutritional yeast over and serve on top of wilted greens.