When Rhubarb is in season you have to use it! This loaf will provide you with a wonderful sweet and tangy flavour sensation and I really love the combination of Rhubarb and raspberries they just compliment each other beautifully.
The cramb is very soft and the texture is fluffy and if you like to take it to another level drizzle it with maple syrup as soon as it comes out of the oven so it gets soaked in the sponge, sprinkle toasted coconut chips over and serve it with flowers.. Well last bit is definitely not necessary but oh so pretty!
p.s.I was having it for breakfast last couple of days and felt so good about it who said you cant have dessert for breakfast?
Rhubarb and raspberries upside down cake
- 60 grams almond flour
- 80 grams buckwheat flour
- 20 grams flax meal
- 160 grams oat milk
- 90 grams banana mashed
- 100 grams raspberries half mashed half whole
- 30 grams coconut sugar+ 15 stevia drops or 20 grams more sugar
- Seeds from vanilla bean
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix flours, flax meal, baking soda, sugar and vanilla seeds well
- In the other bowl mash banana add raspberries and add milk, whisk so it comes together( few lumps of banana and raspberries are ok) Or you can use hand blender to make it completely smooth if you wish.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and let it sit while oven preheating to 180 degrees
- When ready to bake line your mold with a baking parchment and slice rhubarb on the way that it fits and covers the bottom of the molds completely. Add whole raspberries alongside with Apple cider vinegar and just stir to combine.
- Straight away pour it over rhubarb and bake for 35 minutes or till golden brown.