Delicious Vegan Carrot Cake topped with the cutest Bunny Butt Decoration
Adorable Vegan Carrot Cake Bunny Butt cupcakes are perfect for Easter. They are easy to make, really delicious, impressive healthy treat that everyone will love! These carrot cake cupcakes are dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. The same goes for the Bunny Butt decoration, which is so fun to make.
Super fun to make these Carrot Cake Cupcakes are the perfect healthy treat this Easter
I only used simple ingredients to prepare and decorate these tasty vegan Carrot Cake Bunny Butt cupcakes. They are so much healthier and better for you than anything that you can buy. Moreover, did I mentioned that I had the time of my life cooking this recipe? It’s so much fun to see it coming together! The process is super engaging, but as a reward, you will enjoy a delicious healthy treat this Easter! Win-win situation:)
Vegan Gluten-free Healthy Carrot Cake as a base
First of all, let me say that this Carrot Cake is absolutely delicious! It is
- perfectly sweet with no refined sugar
Light and fluffy Carrot cake that is vegan and gluten-free
Vegan Carrot cake truly made the best base for these cupcakes. I know that even after Easter I will make a lot of carrot cake muffins. Certainly, because they are delicious but as well because they are so easy to prepare! You only need one bowl for this recipe that equals minimum clean up:) And as a result, you will have a light and fluffy cake that is packed with carrots and crunchy walnuts. To sum up, these carrot cake cupcakes are so flavourful and moist yet completely gluten-free, vegan. And they are healthy:) What is not to love.
Easy and delicious vegan cream cheese frosting
To top my carrot cake cupcakes, I used the easiest cream cheese frosting. It’s super tasty and takes 5 minutes to make. Firstly you need good vegan cream cheese. In London, we have so many options now, so I got delicious almond-based cream cheese. But if you can’t or don’t want to buy ready-made cream cheese, what you can do
- make your own(it’s ridiculously easy, let me know if you want my recipe)
- use your favourite vegan yoghurt and strain it overnight to remove the excess moisture
No artificial colours, vo refined sugar in this vegan cream cheese frosting
After you have your cream cheese, you can choose your favourite sweetener to compliment it. This time I went for maple syrup, but you can use regular sugar, coconut sugar or even stevia if you prefer. Lastly, we need to colour our cream cheese frosting to make it look like grass:) I always avoid any unnatural ingredients in my cooking, so no artificial colours here. Instead of it, I used antioxidant-rich matcha powder. Just a little sprinkle of it should do the trick! Finally, we need to whisk everything together for maybe two minutes. And here we have light and airy tasty vegan cream cheese frosting!
Completely natural and delicious Bunny Butts decorations
At this time, what is left to do is to decorate the carrot cake cupcakes! The best and the most engaging part for me! It’s much easier than you may think. Furthermore, the decoration itself will make these Bunny Butt cupcakes even more delicious! Fondant decorations are ok but they indeed not very pleasant to eat. At the same time, they are packed with sugar, and it’s simply isn’t needed to make these cutest Bunny Butts cupcakes!
The tastiest way to make Bunny Butts decorations
I used healthy homemade Raffaello to make the adorable bunny butts. You can find the detailed recipe here. You only need three simple ingredients, and this homemade Raffaello is so delicious. It compliments as well the carrot cake, making it even a tastier treat. This time I as well added blanched almond in the middle of my Raffaello, which gave it a nice crunch.
*If you can’t get coconut condensed milk. You can use your favourite sweetener like agave syrup!
How to make BUNNY PAWS for Vegan Carrot cake Bunny Buts cupcakes
Lastly, we need to make the cutest little paws. I used coconut butter mixed with sweetener to form the shape of the paw. It was so easy, and it worked so well. If you don’t know, coconut butter itself takes only a couple of minutes to make. You can find the HOW TO video here.
Naturally, coconut butter is a liquid when it’s warm and it becomes harder the cooler it becomes. Finally, it will become rock solid if you put it in the fridge.
Due to this unique characteristic, we can shape it into a paw easily! Firstly, you will need to mix warm coconut butter with a powdered sweetener of your choice(I used erythritol). This will make coconut butter a little bit more stable. The mixture should be like a thick pancake dough. If it is too liquidy, place it in the fridge for a couple of minutes. Then simply drop a tiny amount on the baking paper( it should hold up and not go flat) and, with a bake of the spoon, create the oval like the paw’s shape. Place in the fridge to set completely.
To make the pink dots, I loosen the coconut butter with a bit of water and coloured it with a drop of strawberry juice(it should be like e crepe butter now:)). Finally, we drop a tiny amount on top of the cooled paw and with a toothpick, you can make it the shape you want!
VEGAN CARROT CAKE BUNNY BUTT CUPCAKES/GLUTEN-FREE
- 60 g almond flour
- 60 g oat flour
- 120 g shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 60 g maple syrup(
- 70 g coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- squeeze of lemon or orange juice
For cream cheese frosting
- 130 g vegan cream cheese + 1/3 tsp of matcha powder+ 2 tbsp of maple syrup(or to taste)
- 6 homemade raffaello
- 3 tbsp coconut butter + few drops of strawberry or raspberry juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In the bowl combine flax meal and 3 tbsp of water (you just made flax egg)
- To the same bowl add oat and almond flour, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder and shredded carrot. Mix to combine
- Pour over the coconut milk and maple syrup. Give it a stir
- Sprinkle on top shredded coconut and add a squeeze of orange juice(alternatively you can use lemon or 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar)
- Mix just until everything is incorporated
- Transfer to the silicone baking moulds (alternatively grease the regular baking moulds lightly with coconut oil)
- Bake the cupcakes for 17 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Using electric whisk cream together vegan cream cheese and maple syrup. Try and adjust sweetness if needed. Add matcha powder to colour it and continue whisking until light and fluffy
- For BUNNIES Make the Raffaello following the instructions on my Instagram For PAWS Warm up the coconut butter slightly and mix it with the powdered sweetener of your choice. Taste and make sure you like the level of sweetness If it is too liquidy place it in the fridge for a few minutes so it solidifies slightly for about 2-3 minutes After that, it should be nice and thick but still pliable Form the paws and place them in the fridge to set completely(7-8 minutes) To the remaining coconut butter add few drops of water and strawberry or raspberry juice to colour it After the paws have set, draw pink dots on top of them to complete the design Leave in the fridge till needed