These salted caramel bytes are healthy, vegan, gluten-free and free of refined sugars and they make the best treat ever! Sweet and creamy with a good amount of protein, they seem too good too be true…
I used Pulled oats as a protein source as this the newest and the hottest product on the UK market when it comes to Protein in my opinion. The closest alternative would be soy curls I suppose. But I love Pulled oats because they work wonderfully in both sweet and savoury recipes and they are soy-free while providing a whopping 30 grams of protein per 100 grams!
These little bites are perfectly sweet, creamy with a good amount of protein and because of this they are super satisfying as well! What else can you possibly ask? And the recipe is super simple as well with only 3 main ingredients so I hope that you can give them a try!
Vegan salted caramel bytes
- 300 grams of dates
- 150 grams of cashews
- 175 grams of Pulled oats
- 1 tbsp of Maca powder optional
- pinch of salt
- Cover the dates with 150 grams of water and leave them for at least 30 minutes but you can leave them overnight
- When dates are completely soft transfer them to the blender along with a pinch of salt and blend till completely smooth
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue blending till everything is evenly incorporated
- If your blender isn't super powerful you can soak the cashews in water prior blending as well
- Transfer the mixture into a parchment lined dish and place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes or till completely firm to the touch
- Cut into bytes of your desired size and serve straight away