Delicious vegan walnut granola cups make the best healthy breakfast. They are made with only four wholesome ingredients and take less than 15 minutes to put together. Moreover, they are gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
What ingredients do you need to make vegan walnut granola cups
You only need four simple ingredients to prepare the best vegan walnut granola cups. Honestly, they make the best healthy breakfast that feels more like a dessert to me! So here is what you will need
- Firstly, Oats. I like using Jumbo oats, but any will work. Additionally, you can use gluten-free oats to make these granola cups gluten-free.
- Secondly, Walnuts. They add a fantastic crunch and buttery mouthfeel.
- Thirdly, Maple syrup. You can use honey or your favourite sweetener instead if desired.
- Lastly, Coconut Oil. Optionally, you can replace oil with mashed banana. But in this case, the cups won’t be as crispy.
Flavour variations for the vegan granola cups
The beauty of making your granola or, in this case, granola cups is that you can tweak the recipe to suit your preferences. I love adding walnuts here, but if you aren’t fun, you can easily substitute them with your favourite nuts. Also, feel free to add chopped dry fruits; they will be deliciously chewy. Moreover, you can regulate the sweetness by adding more or less maple syrup. As an option, you can make them into chocolate vegan walnuts granola cups simply by adding cacao powder. And here we go, dessert for breakfast!
How to store and serve walnut granola cups
You can store these granola cups in an airtight container for a long time. As well, they travel well if you want to take them to a picnic. And indeed, they look so pretty on the picnic blanket. When you want to serve them, the only thing that you have to do is to fill them with your yoghurt of choice and add fresh fruits. And here, you have a delicious healthy vegan breakfast in a matter of minutes.
I wouldn’t recommend filling them with yoghurt in advance as it will make the shells far too soft.
These vegan walnut granola cups make such a fun and nutritious breakfast, or they are perfect as a snack. It’s a great breakfast when you need to impress someone but don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing it. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes, and the final results is adorable.
Alternatively, you can fill them with nut butter and berries if you aren’t fun of yoghurt. To make them extra delicious and dessert-like, you can add a level of chocolate or vegan ganache on top!
Vegan walnut granola cups
- 60 gr walnuts
- 100 gr oats
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 tbsp coconut milk
- Mix all the ingredients and let the dough sit for 10-15 minutes
- Add a spoonful of mixture to the muffins cup and with the wet spoon or fingers form a tart
- Bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 15 minutes or till golden brown and crunchy
- Let them cool completely
- When ready to enjoy fill them with coconut yoghurt and berries